Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Interlude: Mike's Bookshelf

I really like reading. I typically read for pleasure for at least an hour every evening before bed. What does that have to do with this blog, you ask? Well, most of the RPGs I like to play are in the same genres as the fiction I like to read -- typically fantasy and sci-fi. That's not so strange, right? So, I decided today that it might compliment this blog nicely if I added a widget linking to my fantasy bookshelf on Goodreads. You'll see it over to the lefthand side under the Blog Archive widget.

It currently contains a little over 90 books (though I'm sure I've missed some.) You'll find all 14 books of the Wheel of Time series, all the books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series published so far, The Coldfire Trilogy, and more. I just started the first book of Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archive series. (Amazon gave it to me for free. After I downloaded it I noticed it is the first of a 20-book series. I think their idea was to rope me in. Clever bastards.)

If you're looking for your next good fantasy read, take a look. You don't need a Goodreads account to view the shelf if you click on the shelf's name at the top of the widget. Maybe I'll write reviews of them sometimes. I'll probably cycle the widget among my fantasy, sci-fi, and some other shelves as I get around to organizing them. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment